- What is Outsourcing Malaysia?
- Who are the Institutional Partners for this initiative?
- What is the primary role of Outsourcing Malaysia?
- What are the prime strengths of Malaysia?
- What are the prime objectives of Outsourcing Malaysia?
- What are the objectives of Outsourcing Malaysia for buyers of outsourcing services?
- What are the objectives of Outsourcing Malaysia for providers of outsourcing services?
- How is Outsourcing Malaysia structured?
- What are the capabilities of Malaysian outsourcing providers?
- What are the benefits of becoming members of Outsourcing Malaysia?
- Who can become the members of Outsourcing Malaysia?
Outsourcing Malaysia is a not-for-profit organization with the prime objective of incorporating global visibility to provider capabilities in Malaysia (spanning IT, Business Process and Infrastructure Services) while collectively and cohesively enabling global organizations to leverage the multitude of Malaysian capabilities as they work towards adopting services globalization.
There are two institutional partners that have, together with a few senior industry leaders, conceptualized and brought to fruition, this initiative. They are:
- MDeC: A large parastatal organization that is focused on developing Malaysia as a large and attractive investment destination for high growth industries - Information & Communication, R&D, Shared Services & Outsourcing, Biotechnology and other emerging industries.
- PIKOM: The multimedia and computers industry of Malaysia which is a not-for-profit organization and a member of World Information Technology & Software Association (WITSA)
- To promote Malaysia as the new and emerging outsourcing destination globally
- Point of Contact for reaching out to outsourcing providers in Malaysia
- Provide industry exposure
- Research support to local outsourcing providers
- Advocacy & Outreach organization
i. For Buyers to pursue business relationships
ii.For local providers to enhance core competencies through adoption of global best
practices & delivery disciplines
Malaysia acts as a prime attractive destination for investments and relationships in outsourcing, owing to three primary strengths:
- Strategic Advantage: Malaysia represents a regional market of over half a billion consumers, averaging a combined gross domestic product of $737 billion. Malaysia 's purchasing power is among the highest in Asia, and continues to reflect a growing and strengthening middle class. Furthermore, Malaysia's multi-ethnic and multilingual workforce provides opportunities to partner with a competent English-speaking workforce that communicates effectively with most of the world.
- Superior Infrastructure: Malaysia has best in class first-world physical and technical infrastructure that complements experiences of markets worldwide.
- Seamless Business Environment: Business focused government leadership has propelled the country to provide for a smooth and conducive business environment, backed by appropriate focus on information security, minimal custom controls, attractive tax incentives, relaxed monetary exchange controls and attractive incentives for R&D.
The prime mission is to promote and develop Malaysia's outsourcing industry and position it as a major global hub for high value shared services and outsourcing.
- Single Point of Contact for Reaching Out To Malaysian Outsourcing Providers
- Access to A Wide Variety of Provider Capabilities Across IT, BPO, Infrastructure Management, Disaster Recovery, Contact Centers , Product Development and R&D
- Consortium Representative of Outsourcing Provider Capabilities Enabling Global Best Practices Adoption in Malaysia
- Incorporating Global Visibility to Outsourcing Provider Capabilities in Malaysia
- Enabling Faster Adoption of Global Best Practices & Enhancing Competitiveness
- Provide Competitive, Capable & Sustainable Services Across A Broad Spectrum of Industry Segments
- Enable Policy Development Aimed At Enhancing Attractiveness to Malaysian Competencies
- Providing Support to Development of Education & Skills Alongside MDeC's Initiatives to Sustain Resource Demands
Outsourcing Malaysia is structured around five specific focus areas, as under:
- Marketing / Branding of Malaysian provider competencies in major buyer markets
- Business Development focus on increasing membership for this consortium, managing leads and inquiries from potential customers
- Human Resources & Capabilities' Development focus on enabling Malaysia with appropriate people competencies so as to address buyer requirements
- Policies focus on providing government and industry with relevant inputs such that industry attractiveness is developed and continually sustained
- Research focus with emphasis on garnering industry data, assessments and analytics surrounding performance, comparative perspectives, competitive indices etc
Malaysian providers have consistently reflected multiple capabilities within specific industry sectors, as also across specific verticals, as under:
- Industry Sector Competencies:
ii. Oil & Gas Services
iii. Public Sector
iv. Utilities (Electricity, Water, Sewerage)
v. Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
vii. Market Research
- Industry Vertical Competencies:
i. Contact Center Operations
ii. Engineering Services
iii. Application Development
iv. Remote Infrastructure Management
v. HR Outsourcing
vi. Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
Member organizations can obtain a multitude of benefits by joining this consortium, as under:
- Access to global buyer markets through extensive marketing and branding exercises
- Access to buyer interest groups via conferences, seminars, round-tables et al
- Ability to network with senior leaders within the industry including competition and exchange best-practices
- Ability to continually increase networks, and create new business opportunities
- Ability to leverage mutual competencies through alliances and partnerships for sustained outsourcing
- Ability to gain insights into competitive trends, capabilities and demands, thereby enabling adoption of sustainable approaches towards customer fulfillment
- Ability to access and gain customers from the global buyer markets
All companies offering services in the fields of Information Technology, Business Process, Knowledge Process etc within Malaysia are welcome to join us.